High school is a time of lengthy projects, multi-step tasks and lots of planning to get it all done on time. How can you possibly figure out what to tackle on a daily basis given how many things are due?
It starts small. Breaking down the larger tasks into small, doable chunks. In order to do that…we recommend starting at step one.
Begin with the end…in mind.
When you understand what it is you’re assigned to do — you can create a plan — and get it done. If you don’t understand the ask — find that classroom teacher and get more detail. Then head to step 1 below.
- Big picture time — what is this task/project/assignment supposed to be What is the end result???
- Magic isn’t real — devise a step-by-step plan. It’s not as daunting as you might think when you weed out what it takes to get it done.
- Follow the Roadmap — what needs to happen first, second, third…
- Deadline Approaching — any task is easier when you know it’s got a hard stop. Make a timeline that’s doable for you.
- See it Through — set aside time for this project. Include it in your iCalendar, write down what you need to do on a calendar or your notes for the day ahead, schedule the time as part of your day — be specific! And stay on task.
- Final Review — be sure to give yourself time to check your work.
- Celebrate and Reflect — smile as you successfully saw a plan from start to finish! Congratulate yourself. Reflect on what you learned in the process and be ready to apply it to the next task you will conquer!
You can do hard things. Staying organized and tackling big projects is one way to show the world you’re ready for that high school diploma and life — beyond this day. We have so much confidence in your abilities. If you need anything from us, your Edge support system, you know where to find us. Let’s talk it over, together!
District Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal of Edge Northwest: email@example.com
And remember we are enrolling. If you know anybody who needs a different high school experience… send them our way. Enrolling now — and year round.
EDGE is a Cognia accredited, tuition-free, charter high school, with two campuses in the greater Tucson area. We provide an alternative to traditional education, meeting the diverse learning and life needs of our students with our blended curriculum and flexible morning or afternoon class schedules. Our high-quality, passionate teachers are dedicated to individualized instruction in our small academic classes. Be you. With us. At EDGE!